Thursday, July 27, 2006

Update -- here's a picture of Zoe's new nightgown. This is very special because she picked it out for herself -- something she LOVES to do. We were in a store and when she saw the Disney princesses she let out a big sigh and said, "Oh Mommy, so pretty!" So, naturally, she had to have it. I think she's still adjusting to the idea of having things that are hers, which makes sense when you consider what life was probably like at the orphanage. Personal possessions were probably few and far between with almost everything being shared. This is another one of those ways her experiences have been different -- I never really thought about it until I saw her reaction to this nightgown. Putting that smile on her face was priceless.
In other news, we have just one more week before we move. I'm furiously packing and quickly reaching the "just shove it in a box, any box" stage. My mantra at this point...by next Saturday night it will be over! Until our stuff arrives in New York and we have to unpack it there, of course. But let's worry about one thing at a time, shall we?

No comments: