We have 17 days until we see Daddy again, 19 until we move to New York. In trying to keep Andy up on the developments here while he's 2800 miles away, I was trying to remember to tell him whenever Zoe used a new word. Then I began to realize just how many English words Zoe was actually using. So last night I started writing down everything she said in English. What follows is a list of Zoe's communications to me from 6:30 to 8:30 pm and then this morning over breakfast. I have to admit, I was stunned when I started counting...
- swimming (wimmin -- how Zoe says it)
- pool (poo)
- cannonball (boboball)
- OK
- alright (aw-wight)
- potty
- shoes on (zoos on)
- pull up
- book (boo)
- flower (flouwa)
- fish (fiss)
- flush (shoosh)
- puppy
- Sheen
- Daddy
- NO (that comes out loud and clear!)
- Mommy (ommy)
- pee pee
- ow
- bye bye
- popcorn
- hot
- elephant (efefant)
- bubble (ubble)
- balloon (nanoon)
- yeah
- lunch (nunch)
- paper (papu)
- go
- what's that? (dots dat)
- music (jujic)
- Uh Oh Spaghettio (uh oh dettio -- thanks for teaching her that one, Gaga!)
- snack (nack)
- juice (jew)
- water (hodder)
- what's this? (whits shish)
- clean up (geen gup)
- good
- cow
- banana (nanna)
- muffin (uffin)
- mine (a concept she has embraced fully)
- bo bo bo (What Blue says on Blue's Clues...hey, that counts!)
- Thank you
- You're welcome (ecome)
- coming (uhmin')
- hungry (ungie)
- sorry (shyee)
- moon
- mouse
- bear
- chair
- house (we were reading Good Night, Moon)
- kitty
- waffle
- all done (all gun)
- wash hands (wis han)
- brush teeth (bu teef)
- one, two, three!! (one, two, fweee!)
Pretty impressive list for just a 3 hour span of time. And this doesn't include all the body parts she can identify, the animals her brother has taught her, and all the foods she knows. At this rate, I can't imagine what she's going to be able to do by the 6 month anniversary of Gotcha Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment