Thursday, January 04, 2007

I think there are moments in every parent's life when our children have the ability to bring us to our knees...this was one of those moments. I had picked Zoe up from preschool and was in the process of wrestling her and her heavy winter coat into her car seat. After fastening all the straps, I always take a moment to arrange her coat so she's able to see over it. As I finished, she reached out her hand and patted me on the arm and said, "My Mom...forever and ever." I said, "I am...forever and ever." She said, "Yep, forever and ever." I drove all the way home with tears in my eyes. An ordinary day just became extraordinary all because of one little moment.

1 comment:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

It is wonderful to see Zoe again! I remember when we visited with her at Jonah House last February. She's a special girl and we will always a place for her in our hearts. Happy New Year to all of you!