Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Happy 6 month anniversary, Zoe!! Tonight we took a moment to celebrate 6 months as a family. It's hard to believe that 6 months have passed since our journey to Taiwan and the day we first met our precious Zoe. We have all come so far together and learned so much about each other. Zoe has changed our lives, no doubt about it. The past 6 months haven't always been perfect, but we have figured out how to be a family together. This probably sounds sappy, but I'm sitting here typing this with Zoe on my lap and tears in my eyes and, I think, as we mark this milestone maybe sappy is ok for once. To anyone who stumbles across this blog and is considering adoption, I would ask you to remember that behind all of your hopes and dreams there is an actual child. Letting that child into your heart and into your life isn't always as easy as you might think, but it is always worth it. I wouldn't trade the last 6 months with Zoe for anything on earth. To all our friends and family who follow this blog regularly, raise a glass tonight in Zoe's honor. What an incredible 6 months this has been.

No comments: