Sunday, September 03, 2006




Happy Birthday, Zoe!!
Our girl turned 3 yesterday and she had a day full of all her favorite things! Chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, Disney princesses, and presents to unwrap...she had a great day. She had a special Disney princess cake that her Daddy picked out just for her and many wonderful gifts, including her new kitchen. She wasted no time getting right to work "cooking" all of us a second dinner of ice cream cones and plastic meat. Special thanks to Gaga and Papa for the pictures! It was a very happy day, but for me it was also a day for remembering all that Zoe YaChu left behind. I couldn't help thinking of her birthmother throughout the day and wondering if she was thinking of Zoe. I have to believe that she was. I hope she knows that Zoe is loved by this family that she chose for her and that this birthday is only the first of many, many more that will be filled with love and laughter and, especially, family.

No comments: