
Greetings to one and all from Arizona!! We are home! After almost 21 hours of traveling, we finally arrived home shortly before 10 pm AZ time Thursday. We, however, had 2 Thursdays which has really thrown Caleb for a loop. I'm going to keep this brief mainly because I'm almost too tired to be considered alive - unlike the trip over, we didn't sleep on the trip home. Well, Andy and I didn't -- Caleb got on the plane and promptly fell asleep for most of the 11 hour flight - then he slept most of the trip from San Francisco. Seeing as how he is the only one who got any sleep, we seriously considered letting him
drive home from the airport. I'll be sure to share more of our trip home tomorrow when I can be sure I'm making sense, but there is one thing I do need to tell you. I mentioned in the last posting that we (meaning I) were concerned about the trip home because Zoe had never flown before. Uh, yeah -- seriously not an issue. Miss Thing boarded the plane, hopped in her seat, handed her pink backpack to her daddy to put in the overhead bins (like she saw everyone else doing), fastened her seat belt and reached into the seat compartment in front of her, pulled out a magazine and began looking through the Duty Free shopping catalog! Andy has decided she is definitely my daughter. The pictures are of her getting ready to go and her on the plane. We'll keep you updated as Zoe gets used to the U.S. -- she had her first close encounter with a car seat on the way home from the airport! There's much more to tell, but for now I need to take my cue from the kids, both of whom are passed out in their beds. The last week has been the stuff dreams are made of, but there's really no place like home.
No comments:
Post a Comment